As more homes come on the market (and some staying on the market longer), you’ll start seeing more open houses in the New Year. If you’re planning to buy a home, or even just thinking about it, now is a great time to start exploring what areas you might want to live in, what schools are located in your desired neighborhood, the nearby amenities, and how far it will be to commute to work. Here are 5 reasons to visit as many as open houses as you can. Save this post if you’re planning to buy a home in 2024!
1. Convenience. Since most open houses are on the weekends, it’s a convenient time saver for those with busy schedules during the week. Plan your route by neighborhood for efficiency.
2. Meet the Listing Agent. Say hello and introduce yourself. Listing agents are typically welcoming even if you’re just browsing or not really interested in buying the home. If my listing isn’t right for you, you might know someone that it could be right for! If you are a neighbor, that’s even better! It gives me an opportunity to learn more about what you like about the neighborhood and you might know someone who wants to live near you!
3. It gives you an opportunity to ask questions. The listing agent is there as a resource, so you can learn as much about the property as possible. Since many home buyers often go to open houses without their agents, this is your one-on-one time to clarify anything about the home, why the seller is selling, the neighborhood, schools, etc. If you’re already working with an agent, it’s ok to mention their name. This will allow me to follow up with your agent if you’re interested in the home. Communicating with other real estate brokers is a big part of what I do.
4. It allows you to interview real estate agents! If you’re thinking of buying a home in the future but not already working with a real estate professional, going to open houses allows you to meet agents. Use this time to see if they could be a great fit for your home-buying needs. It often comes down to a connection that prompts you to consider working with them.
5. If you go to an open house and find a home you LOVE, don’t let it slip away! Make sure your real estate agent knows about it so they can connect with the listing agent and find out the interest level from other love-struck buyers.
If you’re planning to buy a home in 2024, make sure you’re working with the real estate agent who is an excellent communicator, knows the local market and understands your home-buying needs. I hope to see you at one of my open houses soon!
Photo credit: https://focusedmediacollective.com/
Ps: I love it when there’s a connection to people I know. I’m always grateful when you share my posts with people YOU know!
#homebuyingtips #openhouse #womenofcompass #compassseattle