I’m going out on a limb and sharing 25 things you may not know about me! Why? Because I want you to get to know me better! I feel one of the best ways to differentiate myself from other real estate agents is to give you a glimpse of who I am, my family, where I came from, what I like, what I don’t like, my dreams. I’m hoping you might resonate and relate in a way that compels you to consider me if you’re thinking of selling or buying a home in the future. And if you don’t have any plans to buy or sell, maybe you know someone who does! I thought this post would be a fun way to introduce myself to those I haven’t met. For those who already know me, you might learn a couple things you may not already know about me!
1) I live in Magnolia, a neighborhood of Seattle. It’s about 10 minutes from Downtown Seattle.
2) I grew up in Tacoma, went to Bellarmine Prep high school.
3) Graduated from Central Washington University, Finance major.
4) I’m married to Luke, a Dutchman who designs, builds & develops very cool homes.
5) We have two sons, 1 daughter. All currently in college…not retiring anytime soon! We have a 14 yr-old Cavapoo, Daisy.
6) My kids are the best teachers. I’m still amazed I produced them.
7) I’m 59 years old. There I said it. I’m a boomer!
8) I feel better now than I did at 39 (granted I was pregnant with my 3rd child).
9) I have an obsession with candles and plants.
10) If you invite me to your house for dinner, I’ll always bring one or the other as a hostess gift.
11) I get my love for indoor plants from my mom and outdoor plants from my dad.
12) I’m the middle of 3 sisters.
13) My parents are Janet & Jon. Naturally they gave me and my sisters “J” names.
14) I love to walk, hate to sweat.
15) I drink mostly decaf. Caffeine is not my friend. A good night’s sleep is.
16) I worked in the banking and investment industry right out of college until 2002.
17) I started a staging company in 2003 with 2 girlfriends. I had a 7-mth old, a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old. Figured I didn’t have enough to do.
18) I got my real estate license in 1999 but I didn’t start selling houses until 2016. Life got busy in 1999 (when my first son was born).
19) I am a certified paint consultant but all the colors in my house are neutrals & white.
20) Favorite place I’ve traveled: Santorini, Greece.
21) Bucket List travel: South Africa—wine country & safari.
22) Words to live by: The world is full of kind people; make sure you’re one of them.
23) Cocktail: Margarita, on the rocks, with salt.
24) Beach or Pool: Beach first, then pool.
25) I’m a cancer survivor– 2.5 years and going strong!