Getting ready for a remodel? Building a new home? Selecting flooring, tile, counters, cabinets, lighting, paint and plumbing fixtures, etc. can be overwhelming! I’ll work with you to choose all the finishes for each room so your home turns out beautiful, cohesive and just how you imagined it to be.
The process of selecting finishes seems to go in phases:
- Honeymoon. You’re in love with all the beautiful tile!
- Reality. You learn how expensive your favorite tile is! I’ll look for an alternative!
- Deer in the headlights. You’ll get stuck, not knowing what to do. I’ll help you decide!
- Frustration. It’s frustrating when something is out of stock, delayed or damaged. We’ll find a solution!
- Love it. Once it nears completion, you’ll see it all coming together so beautifully!
How It Works
The first step is to say hello and schedule an Initial Design Consultation. A design consultation is necessary for me to meet you and to better understand your project. I’ll listen to your hopes, dreams and wishes and then I’ll ask you several questions. For larger projects, I’ll have you complete a design questionnaire. Your responses will help me understand your vision. Depending on the scope of the project, I may put together inspiration/mood boards to develop an overall aesthetic. I’ll review these with you to ensure I’m understanding your ideas and style. I’ll then research, source and gather various options for paint, tile, counters, flooring etc. and present them to you. I’ll help you narrow down what you like and don’t like. Once the various finishes are selected, I’ll provide a detailed list of each material. I will be available throughout the project to answer questions as they arise (which they will).
Please note: It’s difficult to say how many hours will be needed for your project as each one varies in size and scope. I’ll do my best to give you an estimate before you commit to additional hours with me.
Initial Design Consultation $175/hour
Interior Finishes Design Services $150/hour